Our mission at the Encompass Leadership Table is to create a community of , conscious leaders, both for-profit and non-profit, where we can share the latest best practices for practising diversity,, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
As a community, we exchange, collaborate and engage through monthly on-line meetings where we share information and ideas relevant to our mission, and communicating through both our Linked In page and our Heartbeat Community Platform.
While we encourage a lively exchange of ideas and opinions, we do ask that you read and respect the code of conduct below.
Please contact Geoff, one of our Community Managers, with any questions you might have. Respectful dialogue and creating a psychologically safe group environment is our priority. We reserve the right to suspend membership to anyone who violates this code of conduct.
Our Encompass Engagement & Community Rules
- Treat all members fairly and equally. Stimulate conversation, be respectful of others’ views, and refrain from personal attacks..
- Respect legitimate intellectual property rights, do not plagiarize work, and give credit to the originators of ideas.
- Don’t share the posts of others without permission.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal material is strictly prohibited.
- Discriminatory, hostile or intimidating messages or language will not be tolerated, whether based on a person’s race, ethnicity, culture, national origin, social or economic class, educational level, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, size, family status, political belief, religion, or mental or physical ability.
- Our Encompass Group strives to create and maintain a community in which people of many different backgrounds and cultures are treated with respect.
- Be mindful and respectful of linguistic background – while the language for online for discussions is mostly English, remember not everybody is a native English speaker / writer.
- Keep subject lines concise and clear so that members can respond appropriately and easily search the archives.
- Include only relevant portions of the original message in replies.
- Only send a message to the entire list if everyone can benefit from it. Do not send “thank you” and “me too” replies to the full list.
- Avoid administrative messages, such as remove me from the list (use the web interface to change your personal settings).
- If relevant, add “Long Message” to the subject line or at the beginning of the message body.
- Don’t publicly post commercial messages.
- Use caution when discussing topics posted on the lists available for all members to see. Comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- Please carefully read the items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
Our Encompass Group is committed to respect the privacy of our members . We do not sell, rent, or share any personally-identifiable information shared members.
Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without permission. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that they own the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
Limitations of Liability
To the extent allowed under law, the Encompass Group shall not be liable to you or others for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of data, opportunities, reputation, profits, or revenues, related to the communications tools (e.g., offensive or defamatory statements, downtime or loss, use of, or changes to, your information or content). In no event shall the liability of the internet society exceed, in the aggregate for all claims, us $1000. This limitation of liability is part of the basis of the bargain between you and the Encompass Group and shall apply to all claims of liability (e.g., warranty, tort, negligence, contract, law.
- On the Encompass community platform, by clicking the “accept” button you agree that your name will appear on our member directory. This option can be changed at any time in your privacy settings.
- Make sure you update your profile information and privacy options .