The Covid-19 crisis is causing us to be afraid and it is threatening the very foundation of our businesses and jobs, as well as the health and safety of workers and their families. This interactive one hour complementary online presentation will address:
1. The origin of feelings
2. Five steps to managing our emotions
3. Coping with the stress of this Covid-19 Pandemic
Diversity and the Multi-Generational Workplace
Now and in the future, as many as five generations with different backgrounds, cultures, expectations and work styles will be expected to work alongside each other. Such diversity brings significant challenges to work effectively together in the workplace.
This introductory 2 hour workshop will provide your employees with an overview and tools on how to help navigate such differences.
Practicing cognitive diversity in the workplace can be achieved through developing an understanding of our different social styles. “Social style” is the behavior that one exhibits when interacting with others. Being aware of our own social style helps a person develop relationships, particularly at work.
This soft skills workshop explains the four components of emotional intelligence which include: Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness and Relationship Management. An understanding of emotional intelligence provides a foundation for understanding diversity in the workplace and for practicing inclusion.
Emotional Intelligence Explained
· Self Awareness
· Self Regulation
· Social Awareness
· Relationship Management
Recognizing the Emotions of Others
· Visual clues – how body language speaks volumes
· Voice tone- 38% of communication
· Emotional reactions – the scale of rising emotions
· Empathy-understanding the other’s point of view
Recognizing Our Own Emotions
· Recognizing our own reactions
· Providing an un-bias response
· Using rapport to build relationships
· Taking responsibility for the communication
Managing Stressful Situations
· Stress Explained
· Recognizing and managing your stress triggers
· Practicing non-violent communication
· Coping techniques for managing stress
We provide both in-house and
on-line learning and development